- That really good deal someone is offering you to take over their video store franchise might not be such a hot idea.
- 13 years into the 21st century & you will still not own a flying car or jet pack this year (though I am less confident that a singular A.I. entity won't come online shortly and begin to enslave humanity)
- There will be more sequels.
- You might start to feel nostalgic about the seemingly distant pre-Facebook/Twitter era, and in doing so will begin to re-envision a future where you don't always know what everyone else is up to.
- Almost every band you have ever loved that hasn't already reunited will do so this year and will likely tour near where you live.
- Many more places will be occupied by increasingly larger groups of the disenfranchised.
- Rediscovering the art of letter writing & corresponding by post could be considered acts of spiritual discipline to counteract the tyranny of the immediate.
- You will make numerous lighthearted references to your ADD related symptoms and forgetfulness, though secretly your increasingly inability to concentrate or attend to one thing at a time will really bother you.
- There will continue to be a negative correlation between the decline in the music industry and the breathtaking array of incredible new music being produced.
- You will be tempted to head down to Portland, Oregon to re-experience the Gen X dream of counter culture & slackerdom before it's officially "over", (which by some standards was 5 minutes ago).
- The array of choice in the digital realm will be even more overwhelming and you may as a result be tempted to retreat further into the familiar
- On at least one occasion you will Google "2012" "Mayan Calendar" & "doomsday".
Sunday, January 1, 2012
12 THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR 2012
A few things to contemplate at the start of this year (feel free to check back in 365 days to see what fits)