Friday, February 6, 2009

LIKE A PHOENIX FROM THE FLAMES....

I arise from my glorious winter slumber, emerging anew and reborn, refreshed and ready to fly boldly into the horizon of this strange new world...

In the nearly two months since my last post I have been hibernating, not literally of course (there are bills to pay), but I have abandoned the neon glow of my computer screen at night and have replaced it with some cocooning in bed accompanied by some really good fiction (err, OK I do stay up late one night a week with the PS3 killing zombies).

I needed to take a break from writing in order to reflect, rest and step back a bit from my often busy mind. At times I believe I suffer from a form of mental paralysis resulting from too many ideas competing for air time at the same time. I am a bit of an idea machine; I am your dream companion for a creative brainstorming session, though please don't even think about asking me for any concrete follow through once the ideas are narrowed down and further implementation is required.

I like the discipline of taking time to write everyday, as it releases some of the internal pressure in my mind when I allow a few half-baked ideas to be released on a daily basis. This is why I am motivated to blog again, not because I think the world is waiting with bated breath for my next post, but for my own sake in order to find time to formulate my thoughts, engage in a little creative play and share my ideas with a few other fine folks

I am currently contemplating doing a series of musical themed posts in order to explore further something I love, and to provide some more disciplined focus for my writing. I may invite some of you to participate in some good old fashioned collaboration as well. You have been warned!

PS: Thanks to those of you who continued to leave comments and drop by while I took a break.

9 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

it's nice to hear from you again!

Randal Graves said...

You're certainly right: the ideas are the easy part. Now, write them out!

Dale said...

I held my breath for a while but only long enough to realize my sidebar would update when you were ready. Welcome back!

Westcoast Walker said...

Hi All

Liberality - Nice to hear from my favourite librarian again!

Randal - thanks for the words of motivation - my slacker tendencies be damned!

Dale - thanks for noticing my absence - I look forward to diving into some of your fine postings again.

Allison said...

Yay you're back! Look forward to more posts, you've been missed. :)

Commander Zaius said...

I arise from my glorious winter slumber, emerging anew and reborn...

Did the same thing yesterday but my rebirth involved much delayed winter yard work. Suburbia sucks! Nice blog, will drop by again.

Middle Ditch said...

Everybody needs a break now and again. I enjoyed the poetic read.

Comrade Kevin said...

Welcome Back!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You realize of course that we are expecting all manner of brilliance from you, now that you have had a nice break.